Trying to apply for a permanent residence permit in Ukraine can be extremely time-consuming and the forms can be very confusing. It will take up to one year for acceptance or not and is handled through the State Migration Service.
The number of people who will be approved is based on the quota set down by the Cabinet of Ministers for each area of entitlement. You should meet with people who understand the entire process and help you get the permanent residence permit you are seeking.
What A Permanent Residence Permit Is:
A permanent residence permit in the Ukraine is a document that confirms legal status on the basis of someone’s entitlement to stay in the Ukraine for an unlimited period of time.
What Are The Qualifications For Receiving A Permanent Residence Permit?
The permanent residence permit may be given to someone only on the premise of an immigration permit. The Ukrainian legislation has an enormous list of entitlements which will allow someone to obtain an immigration permit, followed by a permanent residence permit. The qualifications include:
- Having been part of the Ukrainian citizenship in the past.
- Investing into the Ukrainian economy with not less than one-hundred thousand dollars.
- Someone has family members who are citizens of Ukraine, including parents, children, siblings, and grandparents.
- Grandchildren of a Ukrainian citizen, guardians, trustees, wards of citizens.
- Husbands and wives of foreigners who are citizens qualify, but they must be married for more than 2 years.
- Those who have achievements in the field of science and culture as long as this person’s immigration will serve the interests of Ukraine.
- A worker or someone who is highly qualified within a given field that will meet the needs of the Ukraine.
- The Ukraine’s state interest in a person’s immigration.
- Someone has rights to citizenship under territorial origin.
- The status of a Foreign Ukrainian, and a husband or wife of a Foreign Ukrainian.
- The status of persons who have suffered from human trafficking and the state of their living conditions over the past 3 years.
The Process For Receiving A Permanent Residence Permit In Ukraine:
Annually, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine authorizes the immigration quota. Meaning; the limited number of people who have a right to an immigration permit within a given year on each requirement. This does not include those who are close relatives of Ukrainian citizens, those who’s immigration meets the interests of Ukraine or those who want citizenship of Ukraine under territorial origin.
The process of receiving a permanent residence permit in Ukraine is extremely time-consuming and very complicated. The applications are considered by the State Migration Service for one year. At that point, the person is given a permanent residence permit.
The number of documents required for an application varies in different cases and on what grounds someone is requesting citizenship.
We will be more than happy to assist you with any migration issues you are facing. Please give us a call for further details Please review the contacts below:
Contact Person — Dr. Taras Bachynskyy
tel./fax +38 (032) 261-38-07