Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, is one of the biggest, oldest, and most European beautiful cities. Kyiv boasts plenty of historical and cultural landmarks, such as Saint Sophia’s Cathedral and Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, which belong to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Saint Volodymyr’s Cathedral, the Church of the Tithes, the House with Chimeras, the Golden Gate, Khreshchatyk. All of the above are visited by hundreds of tourists from all over the world every day. Over 150 museums, the world-famous National Opera House of Ukraine, numerous swimming pools, skating and roller rinks, billiard bars, bowling alleys, gyms, cinemas, entertainment places, and night clubs – all of these can please even the pickiest of Kyiv locals and guests.
Higher education in Kyiv
There are all types of higher education institutions in Kyiv – universities, institutes and academies, educating thousands of Ukrainian and international students. The largest number of international students come from China. Over the last 10 years the number of foreigners who want to study in Kyiv has increased by 4 times due to the implementation of effective policies, high quality education and well-developed international scientific cooperation. The following fields of study offered by universities of Kyiv are the most popular among international students:
The most famous Kyiv universities offering higher education to international students include:
- Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
- National Aviation University
- National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
41 Kyiv-based institutions have a license to enroll overseas students.
The advantages of getting higher education in Ukraine
There are a lot of reasons why more and more young people from all over the world choose Ukraine as their primary education destination. Here are some of them:
- The requirements of entering Ukraine are very flexible,there is no need to pass any tests or exams. Applicants from the CIS countries, Japan, Canada and some European countries don’t need to a visa to live and study in Ukraine, and citizens of other countries can get visa support.
- Since Ukraine is a member of the Lisbon Recognition Convention and the Hague Convention, which declare a simplified procedure of documents legalization and recognition of European higher education qualifications, students who get higher education in a Ukrainian higher education institution stand a very high chance of successful career start in any country in the world.
- Higher education in Ukraine is much cheaper than it is in other CIS, North American and European countries.
- The majority of Ukrainian higher education institutions offer international students preparation courses in Ukrainian and Russian, lasting 6-10 months.
- International students can live in inexpensive dormitory rooms.
- International students can do a variety of courses – BA, MA and postgraduate courses. they can study part-time or long distance, in Russian or English.
- Ukrainian higher education institutions offer a variety of studies: medicine, law, humanities, economics, technical sciences, engineering.
There is no interethinic confrontation or religious prejudice in Ukraine as Ukrainians are very tolerant and kind towards both locals and guests of the country .