Ternopil State Medical University takes a leading position in the rating of Ukrainian best medical universities. Such high rank was awarded to this higher educational institution by the Ukraine Ministry of Health. The university was founded in 1957 and since that time has trained a great number of highly qualified specialists.
Ternopil State Medical University is known for its innovative and highly effective teaching methods that are praised not only by the Ukrainian government, but also by a number of renowned international organisations. Thus, degrees issued by TSMU are recognized by the General Medical Council of England, by the World Health Organization, the US Education Department and also by all the EU countries.
In 2005, to meet the European standards of higher education and higher education qualifications, Ternopil State Medical University has joined the Bologna Process. Since that time, all students are assessed in accordance with ECTS ( European Credit Test System) credit module system, which means, all diplomas issued by TSMU are recognized in all the EU countries.
Ternopil State Medical University has six faculties: Nursing (2-4 years), Dentistry (five years), Medicine (six years) and Pharmacy (five years). Students are also offered postgraduate programs and can study for a PhD or a Master’s Degree. Internship Training Programs are also available at Ternopil State Medical University.
Ternopil State Medical University is open for international students. Today, over one thousand of foreigners from 28 countries are getting higher medical education at TSMU.
Admission Requirements for International Students
1) International applicants need to fill in an application form, available at the university’s website, and email it to International Students Office. It is also necessary to submit the following documents:
- copy of current education certificate (high or secondary school certificate)
- copy of international passport
- external independent test results
- preparatory courses certificate
2) To get a permission to study in Ukraine, foreign students need to get a study visa. To get a study visa, it is necessary submitting an official Invitation Letter to the Ukrainian Embassy in your country. The Invitation letter is sent by the TSMU after the admission enrolment board receives and checks your application and the above mentioned documents.
3) When leaving for Ukraine, make sure you have the following pack of application documents:
- 12 photos
- certificate of birth (copy and original)
- high or secondary school education certificate (copy and original)
- health certificate and HIV-negative test certificate (both valid for 2 month from the date of issue)
After getting and checking these documents, the International Students Office, will invite you to an interview.
The period of training, as well as tuition fee depend on the chosen speciality and degree. More information you will find by visiting TSMU’s official website.
If the admission process seems to complicated, if you need help with gathering all necessary documents and getting a study visa, or if you need any other help, like airport pickup, LLC “Legal-servicing company “Legalaid” is ready to help you. We have an ample experience of helping international students entering Ukrainian universities. We know how to make the enrollment process easier and will do our best to help you enter Ternopil State Medical University and get a desired speciality. Our experienced and friendly consultants will answer all your questions and provide all necessary consultations, so that you have no difficulties entering TSMU.
If you dream of getting quality medical education at the best Ukrainian university, we will help you fulfill this dream. Get quality European education in Ukraine!